Fair warning: This is just a random rant, but perhaps I could scrounge up something worthwhile after all. For out of randomess comes order.
It’s disheartening when I look at my dashboard and see no more drafts to save the day! No poetry, no prose.
On one of my day-dreaming sessions (yes, I do day dream, how else could I write?), a thought trickled in unheeded, and Silent Fury raised its ugly little pea-sized head. Here’s what I thought to myself, “The world’s an unfair place.” Now what could I be possibly talking about?? I’ll tell you again, “THE WORLD’S AN UNFAIR PLACE!” (Capitals for more emphasis; not an attempt to be rude).
If you’re looking forward to insight on my thought processes, don’t even think about it because you’ll get lost in there. I do too time and again. My mind is just like a hoarder’s room – crammed with stuff you might think is sh*t, but precious to me. But what I can do is tell you why I think what I said is true.
Here’s the way I see it:
1. So many of the poor and homeless remain poor and homeless. So few of them make it upwards. It is sad.
2. Attack and defence doesn’t just exist in war. It’s so very common in human relationships. It’s too bad that most of the time ego is the barrier to healing process.
3. Hypocrisy is not a thing of the past. You and I see it everyday. It can be hurtful sometimes.
4. People die everyday at the hands of others for whatever maybe the reason – jealousy, greed or plain cruelty. It’s heartbreaking to see that humans can be driven to the point of taking a life.
5. Rape is unjust, unfair and a horrible horrible crime. But more on that later.
6. If you’re going to eat meat, pray that the poor animal came to an end mercifully. It’s terrible if they were tortured.
7. The shrewd, evil, petty, narrow-minded, self-righteous souls seem to come out on top always (you know who you are). Its a shame that most people fall for their hood-winking.
8. Procrastination is not a sin. But sometimes we pay dearly for it. Unfair!
9. He who tries to do the right thing, most often faces a backfire. If only everyone had a similar sense of justice.
10. Everyone has a right a birthright – The right to happiness. But so many are denied this birthright.
Maybe I’m wrong about this, maybe you don’t see it like I do. But hey, this is my sapce right here. And I’m here to stay.